Monday, April 16, 2007

Start of memorablog - Tanzania (and Zanzibar)

So, memorablog. Last time I found some notes from my first trip on African contintent - Tanzania. I decided to write a memorablog of my maiden trip and of course add some photos... So, for next few posts i will transfer back to November 1998...

How everything started... nothing too dramatic...

At the end of September 1998 i was finishing my graduation thesis. And in Ljubljana I met with my best friend Adi for a drink . While drinking beer and watching people going by, he explained his idea to go traveling to Zanzibar... Zanzibar I asked??? Thats somewhere faaaaar away? Yep, Africa he replied...

Well, i was interested to go with. But, I didn't want to go only to the beaches, i wanted to see the world. I wanted to see wild animals... yes, lets go then backpacking to Tanzania.

A few days later we reserved ourselves flight tickets towards Dar Es Salaam. We got some medications and antimalarial drugs, and that was it... No particular planing. No experience. We just knew, that we will end our trip on Zanzibar, enjoying white sand beaches drinking cocktails and beautiful women... And in meantime we'll see Kilimanjaro and some elephants...

Lets go ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home